Friday, January 17, 2014

Finish Along List

I've decided to join in with Katy at the Littlest Thistle and the Finish Along for the first quarter of 2014.  It's a great idea, we all list which projects we hope to complete before the end of March and then we report back at the end of this time.

Here's my list of projects that I hope to complete:

1.
 

Beach Bag for Evie - shouldn't take too long and I want her to be able to use it during Summer.

2.

Tunic Top for me, I haven't made any clothes for myself for years but have been tempted by some patterns recommended by my good friend Pam.  I got the lovely voile with the feathers on it from Spotlight on the bargain table so I'm going to try this one first.

3.
 
Lisette Summer Dress for Indy.  The fabric is one of the new DS fabrics for Spotlight, they are way too loose weave for patchwork but I thought this print would make a sweet dress for my girl.  The pattern is one I've made before so hopefully it won't take too long.  I want it to be ready for her when she returns from the UK at the end of February.  

4.

Open Your Windows quilt.  I need to buy another piece of the background fabric for this, I've finished all the blocks and laid them out so the they are ready to sew together.  Ambitious to put finishing it on the list but I'm ready for a challenge!

5.
 
Vintage Tribute Star, I want to quilt and bind this and get it finished.

6.
 
Boys Charity Quilt.  My quilting group make a couple of quilts every year to donate to The Royal Children's hospital to give to sick children who need a bit of comfort.  I need to quilt this one.  Not a great picture, it's made with Batman fabrics.

7.


Schnibbles Spot wall quilt.  The top is done, the backing is made, I need to quilt and bind this cute quilt.  Still not sure how to quilt it.

8.

Bag for myself.  I bought this gorgeous piece of cotton/linen from A Little Different in Geelong and I want to make a back similar to the large bag pictured on the pattern, but with some alterations.  It's the closest pattern I had to give an idea of what I want to make, but I want to add external pockets and leather handles.  Need to 'shop my stash' for more fabric for it but the actual making of the bag shouldn't be difficult.

9.
 

Scrappy Tripalong.  Nearly finished, I have quilted it since this picture was taken so I need to bind it, and the binding is already made and ready to go.  Considering the temperature has been between 41 and 45 degrees celsius every day for the past 5 days I haven't felt like handsewing the binding on! I used a wool wadding too so it's thick and heavy

So that's my list!  Linking up at Katy's, it's fun to look at some of the blogs who have linked up, I thought my list was ambitious but some other quilters have very big plans.  I may have to make a bigger list next time, although I might just see how I go with my list.



Finish Along 2014

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some list Lisa! I love the look of the tunic- I think those are such versatile pieces of clothing to own! Good luck getting everything finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great variety of projects! And as for list length, yeah, you're just an amateur compared to some ;o)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIke the variety of your list: quilting, binding, piecing, clothes and bags! Big list yes, but some quick finishes as well as others that take more time. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete