Saturday, May 19, 2012

Catching Up!

This cute rail fence quilt top is another that I finished at Sewjourn.  It's not very big, the blocks I think are about 8 inches square so only a lap quilt.  The aquas, browns and creams are very cosy and since I took these photos I've quilted it and it is now ready to bind!  I love the uneven strips that make up the rails.  


I wondered about adding a border but I decided not to.



You can see the construction of the block better in this photo.  Some of these fabrics are the very last of old favourites, so it was nice to put them all into a quilt together.

I made a few more blocks for quilts at Sewjourn, however I haven't looked at them much since I've been back to work!  I did make some bags, these two are different shopping bag styles.


Another Jane Market Tote, without the panel on the front as I wanted to show off this great Heather Bailey fabric.  Sometimes it's difficult to make a feature of such large scale prints, but I think this works well.  The fabric is an old one, from her Pop Garden line.


The fabric for this bag is a Lissette drill that I got at Spotlight.  It's a fabulous weight for a bag, I lined it with plain cotton and it is a great bag for taking to the supermarket.  The pattern is from a great book I bought, again at Spotlight, called 'Bags the Modern Classics' by Sue Kim.  I've made a few of the bags in this book now and have found the patterns easy to understand and fun to make.  The link I've pasted goes to Amazon so if you click on it you can have a look at some of the pages of it.

Our Spotlight doesn't have many of the Lissette fabrics which is just as well for me as I'm sure I'd have to get more.  They are so fresh and fun, and colourful.   The book was a bargain too, as I had a 20% off coupon and it has so many great patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment