I haven't taken photos of all the small things I've made this year. I've made lots of bags, purses, ornaments and runners. I think a big photo session is needed!
I had a lovely Christmas with my daughter, although it was quiet with just the two of us it was also pressure free and very relaxing. We had a family get together a few days later that was full of noise, food and fun!
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve - I'm here with my daughter and a niece and nephew, and I am sure I will be in bed before them. I do like to make a few New Year's resolutions, in fact I try and make six monthly resolutions as I find that going 12 months is a bit long for me.
- Blog more regularly! I've had such a long break from blogging and honestly I think that I just got a bit overwhelmed by work getting busy and getting my daughter home from uni for the summer holidays and having another person in the house again, lovely as it is.
- Improve on my 'start a project' and 'finish a project' ratio. It's so easy to start things, and much harder to finish them! I made this a resolution last year, and I did improve, but there's still a way to go.
- I'm going to perfect some of what I see as the more difficult bag making techniques. Using buckles, stiff interfacing, professional looking straps, zipped pockets and metal catches. I love making bags, but I tend towards 'safe' patterns, this year I want to challenge myself.
- Destash WIPs that I will never finish. I made a start on this in 2011, but there is still some projects that I really have to decide to either finish or pass on to someone who will, or throw them out.
- Perfect machine sewn binding. I usually machine sew one side and then hand sew the back, but I want to be able to neatly machine sew both sides.
- Get more adventurous with free motion quilting. I have a handful of basic designs that I use over and over - it's time to expand on these.